The Kentucky Derby is just around the corner! Here are five tips for throwing a fabulous party to ring in the event of the season!
- Dress the part. Let your guests know there’s a dress code, its half the fun! Leave your denim at the door. This party calls for wide-brimmed hats, cheery florals, gingham prints and bow ties.
- Go big, go bold. Whether its your fabulous fascinator or gorgeous blooms for your centerpieces (hello peony season!), the bigger, brighter and more colorful, the better!This is, after all, the event of the season!
- Dress your table for spring. Make a gorgeous garden party out of your tablescape. Opt for delicate hues of vintage china and classic linens. Turn to your garden: snip sprigs of lavender to finish off each place setting and gather garden roses and citrus from your yard to tie into to your centerpiece.
- Sip on a Signature Drink. Although the Mint Julep is perhaps the most quintessential poster child of the Kentucky Derby, why not take tradition for a spin? Serve something festive, refreshing and cool like a Lavender Whiskey Sour or Sweet Tea and Jack.
- Refresh your menu. Tie the gorgeous flavors and colors of spring into a light, southern-inspired menu. Think peach gazpacho, mini chicken and waffle stacks, cucumber tea sandwiches and a bright asparagus salad. End with fresh berries with mascarpone and bourbon vanilla whipped cream.